<< Click to Display Table of Contents >>
Navigation: WinLicense > FAQ > Hardware Lock >
Can I send several Hardware IDs in a single license to be used by several computers?
Unfortunately, you can only insert one Hardware ID per license. You have 2 options:
1) Use the new USB hardware locking. In that case, your customer can move the USB drive to a new computer and run your applicaiton there
2) You can use a workaround that might help you:
1) When you generate a new license, in the Custom Data field of the license, you could insert a list of all the Hardware IDs that you want to include.
2) Do not use the option "Hardware ID" in the license
3) Create the new license
4) Now, you can see that the license starts on *any* machine when running your protected application
5) In your source code, you should call the function "WLRegGetLicenseInfo" and you get there the list of "Hardware IDs" that you inserted in the "Custom Data" field
6) From your source code, you call the function WLHardwareGetId and you can compare each of the previous hardware IDs (from the custom data) and see if it matches the one with "WLHardwareGetId". If so, you allow execution of your application. If not, your application refuses to run.