<< Click to Display Table of Contents >>
Navigation: WinLicense > FAQ > Registration > Common >
I'm not sure how to work with the License Manager in WinLicense 3.0, can you give me the basic steps?
1) Create a new Software (from the top menu "Software" button)
2) Load your Software in the "Application Information" main panel in WinLicense
3) In the Registration panel, check "Registration" and select for example "File License --> regkey.dat"
4) If you want that your application only runs when registered, check the option "Application only runs when registered" (in the Registration panel)
5) Click on Protect
Now when you run your application, you can see that it displays the message "License required to run" (you can edit it in the "Customized Dialog" panel)
Now, you can create a test license for your application:
1) Go to the License Manager
2) Add a Customer (from the "Add" customer top button)
3) Click on "Add Order" and select there your Software, your Customer, and go to the "License" tab. Make sure that "File Key" is selected as that's the type of license that you want to generate (as you put in the "Registration" panel). Click on Generate and you can change/set the license details. After that press OK.
4) You can see that the license appears in the "Registration content" panel. You can right-click on that panel and select "Export Binary License" from the popup menu. Save the license as "regkey.dat" (as that's the name that you put in the "Registration" panel) and put it in the same folder as your protected application. You can change the default license name and location from the "Software Custom Values" (in the Software panel)
5) Run your protected application again and it should run as registered.
Notice that you have the order created in the database, it should appear in the "License Manager" main screen.
You can email the license to your customer by creating an email template and attach the license. Please, refer to the top menu "Email Settings --> Template Manager"