<< Click to Display Table of Contents >>
Navigation: WinLicense > FAQ > Registration > Common >
How can I convert my winlicense.abs (from version 2.x) to version 3.x?
To convert the database from version 2.x to version 3.x, please, follow the next steps:
1) Open the application "ConvertDatabase.exe"
2) Drag and drop your winlicense.abs file into the ConvertDatabase main window and select where you want to export the database (as XML files)
3) Open WinLicense 3.x (WinLicense.exe) and go to the toolbar button "License Manager"
4) In the License Manager, click on the "Database" tab and select "Import from XML"
5) Select the folder where you exported the XML files (from step 2)) and you are done
You can go to the "WinLicense" main panel and click on "Load Project" to load any of your converted projects. In the License Manager in version 3.0, you can see all your previous generated licenses and customers.
1) You should review your exported projects as not all the options match with the new version.
2) If you are using "WL DLL Control", you have to change your DLL to use the new Plugin System.
3) If you are using "SecureEngine Config" options, please, contact us for equivalent options.